This post contains affiliate links.
Hey friends! I’m counting down the days until I can see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in theaters. I’ve joked a million times about sneaking tacos into the theater, since it hits theaters on Cinco De Mayo. This will be one to see in the Dolby Cinema. I’ll be honest, I’ve never read any comics and I didn’t grow up loving superheroes. However, in the past few years I’ve become quite the Marvel girl! I blame it on the witty humor, stella visuals, and all eye candy. So, as I always do, I create a movie-themed craft.
I have a goal to make a few DIY Guardians of the Galaxy crafts, but I wanted to do a quick and easy one for you right now. This is one of my favorite (and most popular) crafts because it’s just so fun! I’ve made “fairy jars” a lot in the past, but I typically use my Silhouette Cameo and vinyl for the silhouettes inside the jar, but this time I wanted something that anyone could make.
DIY Guardians of the Galaxy Night Light
- 1 Jar without decoration/writing on it
- Diamond Dust Spray
- Mini String lights or LED tealight candle
- 1 piece of cardstock
- Mod Podge & small paint brush
- Guardians of the Galaxy Silhouettes – Print them here
- Spray the outside of your jar with Diamond Dust spray and let dry completely.
- Print the Guardians of the Galaxy silhouettes onto a piece of cardstock.
- Cut the silhouettes out very carefully.
- Paint each silhouette one at a time with Mod Podge and paste into the inside of the jar quickly.*
- Add string lights to the inside of the jar.
- That’s it! You’re done, obviously.
* I used the end of the paint brush to press down each piece of the silhouettes.
* Resize the silhouettes in your printer program, as needed.
See how it looks lit up!
These jars are perfect for the little ones who love GOTG, for game rooms, or even as a home decor piece. We keep ours in the guest room, on our bookshelf, and in the office (which is basically our entertainment room). There is a Guardians silhouette on every angle of the jar!These are the easiest and would make a great gift for anyone! If I had to do it all again, I’d definitely make silhouettes a bit larger. You can choose your size based on the jar you’re using. The largest sizeof the silhouettes I used was 2×3.
Be sure to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in theaters 5/5/17
Set to the all-new sonic backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, Marvel Studios’ “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” continues the team’s adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill’s true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes’ aid as the Marvel Cinematic Universe continues to expand. “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” blasts into theaters on May 5, 2017.
In Marvel Studios’ “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” the Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill’s true parentage.