Top 5 Movies of 2015 For Women
This post contains affiliate links.
Top 5 Movies of 2015 For Women
Okay ladies, 2015 is finally here and there are a lot of great movies releasing soon. There are some movies that are just MADE for women. You know the type, they are the mushy-gushy romantic movies that will have you laughing and crying the entire time. They are more formally known as Romantic Comedies. Okay, so every movie on this list is not a RomCom, but they are all movies that women will be dying to see. This is a list of movies that you can take your friends to on a girl’s night out or drag your man to when he is a bit vulnerable. Enjoy the list ladies!
1. 50 Shades of Grey (Releasing 2/13/15) drama/romance: Okay, this was an obvious one, but seriously ladies, GO SEE THIS MOVIE! My boyfriend doesn’t know it yet, but I am dragging him along to see this movie on Valentine’s Day. I don’t care about your age, sexual orientation, or how religious you are. This is a movie that every woman should see. It’s about taking risks, trust, and LUST! Christian Grey is the man that we all secretely lust after and a lot of us feel like the plain girl. This movie explores sexual fantasies, romance, passion, and love. What speaks WOMAN more than that? Oh, and just in case you are living under a rock, it is based on the best selling 50 Shades of Grey book.
2. The Last Five Years (Releasing 2/13/15) comedy/drama/musical: Let me start by saying that I pretty much despise all musicals (unless I am watching them LIVE). This movie however, seems to tug at my heart strings. The trailer is really relatable. I feel like I would laugh and cry all throughout this movie and being a woman yourself, you know that is a good thing! The movie about an artist that is experiencing all of the emotions of falling in love and feeling heartache. Ana Kendrick is the lead character in this musical. Her voice is just emotionally evoking. I think this would be a great “girls night out” movie! It contains everything that women love- laughter, love, and emotion! I definitely recommend this movie to all of you musical lovers out there.
3. Cinderella (Releasing 3/13/15) adventure/drama/family: Yes, my friends, this movie is finally coming out. Every girls dream was to be a Cinderella princess. The story has always been a classic and the romance is deep. This is a good movie to drag the guys to because as much as they may deny it, they would love it too. Disney did a great job at bringing this movie to life. The characters were picked perfectly. Based on the trailer, they recreated the story in a way that everyone will love and accept.
4. Age of Adaline (Releasing 4/24/15) drama/romance: This a movie that is about staying young forever. I think every women wishes they could sip from the fountain of youth. In this movie, Blake Lively plays a woman that is rendered ageless. She has lived for many years and watched her loved ones live and die. She meets a man that makes her wish that she wasn’t ageless; that she would love to grow old with. This movie looks well written. The idea of living forever adds a bit of fantasy to the movie. Blake Lively seems to be the perfect woman to play this part because of her beauty and youthfulness. Ladies- this is a must see this year!
5. Still Alice (released 1/16/15) drama: This is a full on drama. It is about a woman that has an illness that has interrupted her entire life. I think that women would love this movie because it puts a lot of things into perspective and everyone knows that women LOVE to overthink everything. It’s a great movie to teach you about really LIVING and about appreciating what and who you have in your life. It has a wonderufl cast and seems to be a great story. Check it out with your mom or your best friend and tell me what you think!
I was not compensated for writing this post. All of these opinions are of my own.