This post contains affiliate links.
I received a lovely shipment of paper straws from Aardvark. I had never heard of or used paper straws before, so I was very intrigued. When my package arrived I tore it opened and I melted all over these straws. haha. Seriously, I giggled with joy at how adorable the different designs are. COLOR! They are packed full of bright, fun, and exciting colors! These are perfect for summer crafts and summer activities. I had never used straws in my craft projects before, much less paper straws. The evening I received these, I decided to stalk Pinterest for some ideas.
After an hour or so of browsing, pinning, getting sidetracked, and gathering all of my craft supplies, I settled on a few cute diy paper straw crafts. I am more of a scrapbooker than anything, so my craft supplies generally revolve around that. I had to work with what I had to make a few cute things with these stylish straws!
Okay, this idea was all mine. I seen something on Pinterest that inspired me, but as far as the construction, it was all me.
[ctt title=”Learning How To Make A DIY Bracelet out of Straws! Check it out!” tweet=”Learning How To Make A #DIY Bracelet out of @AardvarkStraws! Check it out! #Fashion #PaperStraws http://ctt.ec/9L1Pq+” coverup=”9L1Pq”]
DIY PAPER STRAW BRACELET INSTRUCTIONS
What you Need:
- Aardvark Straws (multiple designs)
- Twine – I used a red & white Martha Stewart twine
- A cute, medium size (or large) button – You can get the best buttons in antique stores, estate sales, or Goodwill
- I picked a few Aardvark straw designs that looked good together. I chose a 4th of July design scheme, so I could wear this while I am outwith the family during the events.
- Then, I cut all of my straws at the same length.
- Next, I cut a very long piece of twine. I just guessed the length and cut it at the end.
- I tied a loop in the very middle, then ran both ends of the twine through both ends of the straw. I continued to do this until I reached the size that I needed. I checked the size as I went along. I’m sure there’s an easier way to do this, but I like doing things the hard way lol.
- Next I tied a button to the end with both strings. I found an adorable star button that matched perfectly.
- To fasten the bracelet onto my wrist by placing the loop around the button.
- Viola! That’s it! Show it off! Be fabulous!
Aardvark Straws are better than any straws I have ever seen before. They are perfect for drinking and crafting. These paper straws are very sturdy. They will not fall apart in a drink or while crafting. I’ve used a few different glues with them and the glue does not bleed through. Honestly, I would be happy with a lifetime supply of the Aardvark straws lol.
Here a couple other crafts I did with my Aardvark Straws!
Pinwheels – Aren’t they super cute? I am using them for decorating gifts!
Love Arrows – I am in love with these! Also another item for decorating my gifts.
Hanging Picture Frame