DIY Blueberry Lemon Sea Salt Hand Scrub (with only 4 ingredients) & 25 Uncommon Uses for Baby Oil
I have been compensated by Johnson’s® Baby for this post; however, I am sharing my own thoughts. All opinions are my own.
One of my many hobbies is to come up with different uses for household items. Whether it be through research or my own creativity, I try to get as many uses out of the items in my home. Rather than buying a big bottle of Johnson’s® Baby Oil and keeping it in the cabinet for months, like most people do, I decided to put it to good use with this DIY Blueberry Lemon Sea Salt Hand Scrub.
This is my first time ever creating my own sea salt hand scrub, but it was only a matter of time. I’ve used a million face, body, and hand scrubs in my life. In fact, I exfoliate my skin every chance that I get. Basically, I know exactly what a woman needs in a hand scrub: safe & healthy ingredients, a really good scent, and something that’s effective. In a DIY hand scrub, she needs ingredients that are either already in the home or easy to get right in Walmart’s body care aisle.
The main ingredient I want to focus on in this tutorial is the Johnson’s® Baby Oil because it’s something everyone has in their home. I think by now, we all know that baby oil isn’t just for babies. We use it for all sorts of things: cleaning, grooming, and even polishing. Johnson’s® Baby Oil has been a household staple for as long as I remember because if it’s safe enough for a baby’s bottom, then it’s safe for just about anything. I knew my DIY Blueberry Lemon Hand Scrub needed something that moisturized your skin, so this was an obvious choice. I decided to include a few other natural ingredients that I know are great for your skin and that every woman like me has in her home already.
DIY Blueberry Lemon Sea Salt Hand Scrub
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Fresh Lemon
- 2 Cups Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Johnson’s® Baby Oil (to moisturize your skin)
- In a small bowl, crush blueberries. Add 1 cup sea salt and 1/2 tbsp Johnson’s® Baby Oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the second cup of sea salt to a small bowl.
- Cut lemon in half and zest the half into the solo sea salt bowl.
- Squeeze half the lemon into the sea salt and add 1/2 tbsp Johnson’s® Baby Oil. Mix Thoroughly.
- At this point you can either mix the two bowls or layer them into the jar of your choice.
- Place jar next to sink with a wooden spoon for us.
- Use a very small amount on wet hands and scrub thoroughly. Rinse the scrub off completely and your hands will be as smooth as a baby's bottom!
- If the mixture is too thin and watery, add sea salt 1 tbsp at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
25 Uncommon Uses for Baby Oil
- Untangle a chain
- Moisturizing those locks!
- Cleaning leather
- Moisturizing dry skin
- Massaging Oil
- Eye makeup remover
- Shave with baby oil
- Smooth skin after shaving
- Stretch Marks
- Shining Wood
- Bath Oil
- Polish metal
- Loosen zippers
- Fix squeaky hinges!
- Remove the goo!
- Cleaning makeup brushes
- Dry Heels
- Remove paint from skin
- Cleaning appliances
- Wood floors
- In a paper shredder
- Soap Scum!
- Remove stuck rings
- Detailing your car
What other hacks do you have for Johnson’s® Baby Oil?
If someone is reporting an adverse event or a product quality complaint, please tell them to call the Johnson & Johnson (J&J) North America Consumer Care Center at 800-361-8068 during normal business hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET. After normal business hours, they can report adverse events or product quality complaints through www.jnj.com Contact Us page.